About 5 or 6 years ago I had a website set up targeting the keyword Trampolines and numerous related phrases.
At the time it was constantly top 3 in Google and used to bring in a lot of traffic.
Unfortunately, the pages were on one of my old SEO testing sites that I used for SEO experiments and it was through this testing that it picked up the infamous Google -30 penalty.
All the rankings dissapeared over night and after a few weeks I removed all the content and moved on to another website.
Jump forward a few years and the Google penallty appears have been removed, the site is starting to rank again and this weekend I suddenly found some pages ranking for phrases like 10ft Trampolines, 12ft Trampolines, 14ft Trampolines, etc.
The pages were a bit of a mess, the linking structure was all over the place and I’m pretty sure there are very few external links pointing to the pages anymore.
With all of this in mind I quickly knocked up a new single product website template, redirected the old pages, added a statcounter and will monitor it over the following weeks to see if it still attracts visitors or not.
If it does I will add some content to the pages, if not, it will just stay on the back burner.