Map of Proposed New Telegraph Poles in Honington, Shipston-on-Stour
Note: There are also another 95 poles proposed along the road from Idlicote to Honington and up to Josephs Amazing Camels
Also Note: This is not BT or OpenReach but a different telecoms provider.
New telegraph poles are permitted development, which means planning permission is not required provided that the planning authority are given 28 days notice before they are erected.
For permitted development the telecoms company only have to provide a location map and description of what is proposed.
No public consultation in relation to the notification is required.
Consent is needed from the landowner before the pole can be installed.
Considerations on positioning of new poles
- Must not block entrances or exits to land
- Should not reduce width of a footpath or footway below 1.5m wide
- Should not impede visibility at junctions
- Should not be sited next to to ancient monuments or listed buildings
- Should be sited to minimise prominence in the landscape
*Comments submitted are made publicly available – Please say if you want your comment to remain private.