Why should your website rank higher in Google than anyone elses?
If you’re wondering why your website isn’t ranking as high in Google as you think it should or as high in Google as your SEO has promised you, have a quick read below.
- Does your website provide the most relevant information about what the searcher is searching for?
- Is it quick and easy to find the right information on your pages?
- Is all the information fresh and up to date?
- Would you say it was easy for a visitor to your website to share the information with their friends?
- If you visited your website as a general visitor, would you like the feel of the site, feel it is trustworthy and be happy to recommend it to your friends?
- Is there something memorable about your site that would prompt a reaction if previous visitors were talking amongst themselves about the products/information on your website?
- If a group of people were talking about the products/information on your website do you think your website would be mentioned in the conversation?
- Do you ever see your website randomly mentioned on Facebook, Twitter, forums, articles, other websites, etc.?
- Would it be useful to another website owner to use information from your website?
- Have you a system in place that makes it clear that, you or your webmaster, are approachable to other website owners/webmasters?
- Can you provide; articles, press releases, information, high quality images, etc. to those who would like to use it, and IMPORTANTLY do you make it clear that you are happy to do this?
- Would you consider yourself to be an expert on the products/information displayed on your website, or if not an expert, someone with a good knowledge of the products/information?
- Is your website better than your competitions?
If you answered No to any of the qustions above, ask yourself again – Why should your website rank higher in Google than anyone elses?
5 years ago you could have said No to at least a dozen of the above questions and still ranked high in Google
Say No to just 2 or 3 of them now and your chances of ranking high are diminished more and more.
If you require help with any of the above – Get in Touch.
If you have answered Yes to all of the above but still want help – Get in Touch.
If you think all the above is bollock and just want someone to rank you higher – Feel free to come back after you have been scammed a couple of times, have used the services of cheap SEO companies and received poor results or have had your website blacklisted in Google.